The Microanalysis Society Events Calendar
The Microanalysis Society annually hosts or sponsors a variety of technical meetings to further its mission, two or more council meetings for the society leadership to confer and make decisions for the benefit of the society, and an annual business meeting, as outlined in the Bylaws.
Our Annual Meeting is the major annual meeting of MAS, and provides the venue for gatherings of the membership for official and social interaction:
- The Summer Council Meeting is traditionally held all day on the Sunday of the annual meeting, and provides an annual venue for the leadership to meet physically as a group, as indicated in Article IV of the Society Bylaws.
- The Annual Business Meeting is traditionally held at 5:00 pm local time on the Wednesday of the annual meeting, and provides a venue for the leadership to report to the membership, and to transact official business of the society, as outlined in Article V of the Bylaws.
- The MAS Social provides an occasion for the membership to meet socially, and traditionally follows the Annual Business Meeting on Wednesday evening at a nearby venue.
Since 1996, the Microanalysis Society has met with the Microscopy Society of America for a common annual meeting, Microscopy & Microanalysis.
Our Topical Conference program provides MAS members with technical programming that focuses on a particular topic in detail. Topical conferences typically run from one to three days and involve twenty to one hundred registrants, thus providing a more intimate gathering of the society membership, characteristic of MAS Annual Meetings in days past such as Breckenridge (1995) and Kona (1987). Our topical conferences are often generously sponsored by our Sustaining Members and other companies and agencies that share an interest in the topical area.
Go to the Electron Backscatter Diffraction 2014 page.
MAS may also sponsor, participate in, or publicize technical meetings of other organizations that may be of interest to its members. Upcoming meetings may be found in the society Calendar, as listed below.
- AMAS XIV (Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, AU, from Feb 06, 2017 08:00 AM to Feb 10, 2017 05:00 PM)
- 14th Annual Microbeam Biennial Symposium
- EMAS 2017 & IUMAS-7 (Konstanz, Germany, from May 07, 2017 04:55 PM to May 11, 2017 04:55 PM)
- 15th European Workshop on MODERN DEVELOPMENTS AND APPLICATIONS IN MICROBEAM ANALYSIS and IUMAS VII
- CAISEM 2017 (Varadero Beach, Cuba, from Sep 25, 2017 12:00 AM to Sep 29, 2017 12:00 AM)
- XIV Congress of the Interamerican Committee of Societies for Microscopy
Also in this section
- Past Events
- Events which have already happened.