The Microanalysis Society Events Calendar
The Microanalysis Society annually hosts or sponsors a variety of technical meetings to further its mission, two or more council meetings for the society leadership to confer and make decisions for the benefit of the society, and an annual business meeting, as outlined in the Bylaws.
Our Annual Meeting is the major annual meeting of MAS, and provides the venue for gatherings of the membership for official and social interaction:
- The Summer Council Meeting is traditionally held all day on the Sunday of the annual meeting, and provides an annual venue for the leadership to meet physically as a group, as indicated in Article IV of the Society Bylaws.
- The Annual Business Meeting is traditionally held at 5:00 pm local time on the Wednesday of the annual meeting, and provides a venue for the leadership to report to the membership, and to transact official business of the society, as outlined in Article V of the Bylaws.
- The MAS Social provides an occasion for the membership to meet socially, and traditionally follows the Annual Business Meeting on Wednesday evening at a nearby venue.
Since 1996, the Microanalysis Society has met with the Microscopy Society of America for a common annual meeting, Microscopy & Microanalysis.
Our Topical Conference program provides MAS members with technical programming that focuses on a particular topic in detail. Topical conferences typically run from one to three days and involve twenty to one hundred registrants, thus providing a more intimate gathering of the society membership, characteristic of MAS Annual Meetings in days past such as Breckenridge (1995) and Kona (1987). Our topical conferences are often generously sponsored by our Sustaining Members and other companies and agencies that share an interest in the topical area.
Go to the Electron Backscatter Diffraction 2014 page.
MAS may also sponsor, participate in, or publicize technical meetings of other organizations that may be of interest to its members. Upcoming meetings may be found in the society Calendar, as listed below.
- EPMA 2016 (University of Wisconsin, from May 17, 2016 08:00 AM to May 19, 2016 05:00 PM)
- Electron Probe Microanalysis 2016
- EBSD-2016 (University of Alabama, from May 24, 2016 08:00 AM to May 26, 2016 05:00 PM)
- Electron Backscatter Diffraction 2016
Also in this section
- Past Events
- Events which have already happened.