This is a historical event. We retain access to this page for the records.
Welcome to the home page for EBSD 2012, the latest topical conference (TC) of the Microanalysis Society (MAS) in a series on electron backscattered diffraction. This TC will be held at the Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA on June 19-21, 2012.
EBSD 2012 will be an opportunity for all practitioners of EBSD, from newcomers to seasoned professionals, to learn about the latest technical advances and share their experiences.
The first day is dedicated to a detailed overview tutorial that covers the principles and practice of EBSD. Subsequent days will consist of invited and contributed talks, contributed posters and hands-on sessions for new users.
THANKS TO A COMPETITIVE POOL OF ABSTRACTS, EBSD 2012 HAS AN EXCELLENT ARRAY OF INVITED SPEAKERS, CONTRIBUTED TALKS, AND TOP QUALITY POSTERS AWAITING YOU IN PITTSBURGH!
DOWNLOAD A PDF COPY OF THE PROGRAM: EBSD 2012 PROGRAM
- Initial Check-in from 3:00-6:00pm on Monday, JUNE 18th, in the Rangos Ballroom
- Check-in continues starting at 7:30 am on Tuesday, JUNE 19th, in the Rangos Ballroom
- Open sign-up for EBSD demonstrations during Check-In
- Full-day Tutorial starts at 8:30am in the Rangos Ballroom on JUNE 19th
- Live EBSD Demonstrations start at 9:00am on JUNE 19th in the JEMR Characterization Suite
Steven Claves - Bechtel Marine Propulsion Corporation
Andrew Deal - GE Global Research
Desmond Moser - The University of Western Ontario
Yoosuf Picard - Carnegie Mellon University